Monday, June 6, 2011

Thoughts on postsecondary students....

As I read the text book;Learning Style Perspectives by Lynne Celli Sarasin I find it interesting that assumptions that have been made of postsecondary learners seem to right on at least for my learning style.  It does make me wonder though about the secondary learners, are they really any different or have we just made assumptions about them based on the past?  Looking back at my secondary school time I can see that if instructors took to heart the assumptions of postsecondary learners found in chapter three of the text and applied them to me as a secondary learner.  I feel that I would have benefited more and retained more or the knowledge my teachers were trying to instill in me.  What if as secondary educators the lesson plans were created with postsecondary learners in mind.  Would this not help the secondary learners to excel in the postsecondary format?  Obviously I am not talking about the grammar school students but what about the junior high and high school students?

No comments:

Post a Comment